Lembke News

Monday, November 26, 2007

We're home!



What a crazy weekend. Let me start off by saying, "Happy Thanksgiving." I hope everyone had a great day and lots of food! We stayed at home and had turkey. Friday I braved the crowds and went out shopping. I have finished shopping for the kids. Yea me! On Saturday, we set up our Christmas tree!! All was going well until Keegan got so excited about the tree, he lost his balance and hit his lip on a little table. He got a tiny cut on the inside of his lip and it would not stop bleeding. I took him to the ER and they did blood work and found out the his Coumadin level (INR level, for those of you who speak medical), was so high it was unreadable. Coumadin thins the blood so it won't clot, therefore, that's why his lip wouldn't stop bleeding. Finally at 2 am Children's Hospital decided Keegan should be transfer over to their care. He was given a couple of shots of vitamin K to courter act the Coumadin. Keegan was released from the hospital on Monday afternoon. He has to get another blood test on Tuesday morning. But everything is going well. He isn't have any major side effects as a result of the high Coumadin level. Only a little lost sleep from the hospital stay. Coumadin is a difficult drug to regulate. Every person metabolize it differently. It's a numbers game that will take time to get the correct dose. In the mean time, Keegan will be monitored closely to make sure we don't have a repeat incident like this one. I wish everyone happy shopping for the holidays!!!

1 Comments:

  • I'm so glad Keegan's okay!

    By the way, your daughter is topless on the internet. ;-)

    By Blogger Kimberly Pye, At 7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home