One Month Mark
Saturday marked one month since Keegan has passed. We were able to spend the day at with our friends, the Mullenix's. (I hope I spelled that right.) We had a great day, and Courtney had a blast. It was really nice to be out of the house, and not sitting around feeling lost and lonely.
We also went to church this morning for the first time since everything happened. I made it through one song before I had to go sit in the back. My natural reaction while in church, is to go and check on Keegan in the kid's room. (Sometimes Keegan had really good days in the kid's room, and sometimes he didn't do as well.) I had to stop myself 2 times from actually leaving to go and check on him. While trying to get myself together, a new friend of mine was hanging out in back with one of her sons, and stayed with me for the whole service. Although I have no idea what the message was about, it was nice to just talk with my friend about home daycare and not think of how extremely sad I was feeling.
We are still waiting for orders to move. (For those who don't know, the paper that tells you where and when you are moving is called orders in the AF.) The guy at the office that handles humanitarian moves, told Nathan, he should have his orders by Wednesday or Thursday. But on a positive note, I have most of the basement cleaned and ready to be packed! I also have a lot of the upstairs finished as well.
We also went to church this morning for the first time since everything happened. I made it through one song before I had to go sit in the back. My natural reaction while in church, is to go and check on Keegan in the kid's room. (Sometimes Keegan had really good days in the kid's room, and sometimes he didn't do as well.) I had to stop myself 2 times from actually leaving to go and check on him. While trying to get myself together, a new friend of mine was hanging out in back with one of her sons, and stayed with me for the whole service. Although I have no idea what the message was about, it was nice to just talk with my friend about home daycare and not think of how extremely sad I was feeling.
We are still waiting for orders to move. (For those who don't know, the paper that tells you where and when you are moving is called orders in the AF.) The guy at the office that handles humanitarian moves, told Nathan, he should have his orders by Wednesday or Thursday. But on a positive note, I have most of the basement cleaned and ready to be packed! I also have a lot of the upstairs finished as well.


1 Comments:
I'm glad you guys are having a good weekend so far. :) Also - I had heard you guys were at church anything but didn't see you or I would have come said hello! Oh well - we'll see you in a little while. ;)
By
Danielle Athanas, At
5:40 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home