Lembke News

Friday, September 05, 2008

I hate being alone

Courtney started preschool this week, and I have to say that I hate it. I don't hate her going to school, I just hate being alone at home, or wherever I happen to be. I went to the grocery store one morning while she was at school, and I realized, I really like having one or both of my kids with me while shopping. They always make it more fun and you always have someone to talk to. But I guess on the plus side, I got out of the store rather quickly because I didn't have constantly tell someone to sit down, or don't touch that, or no you cannot have that. It was weird, here I was in the middle of a busy grocery store, and I felt all alone. I love the way my kids get excited when the recognize a character on the cereal boxes, or when they ask what everything is and what it is used for. I never noticed how much I actually enjoy grocery shopping with my kids.

The other thing I noticed is, that I don't need a babysitter as often. I have a dentist appointment next week, and I was going to ask a friend to babysit for me. Then it hit me, my appointment is during Courtney's school hours, so there is no need for a sitter. This is still a foreign concept to me. I've always needed someone to watch one or both the kids when I have an appointment. It feels like I am missing my hand or foot.

So here I am alone everyday, trying to figure out what adults do who don't have children. I feel even more lost and confused now, without the confusion and craziness of a child around. This house is to quiet.

2 Comments:

  • Sounds like you're the perfect candidate to learn knitting. Want me to teach you? :-D

    Not joking.

    By Blogger Kimberly Pye, At 8:07 AM  

  • ooh boy do I know this feeling, my boy's are now 26 and 18 teen
    and I hate it that my house is so quite now, I thought I would love
    it but alas some down time is good. But I find myself sometimes
    feeling very lonely with out the chaos I'm used too. I just need to
    find some new things to do :)
    I can't believe Courtney is in pre-school She is so beautiful
    and has such a bright smile. ( hope to see you both before you go)
    hugz again.
    Love
    Shey

    By Blogger shey, At 5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home