6 months ago
It's hard to believe that this Friday will mark six months since Keegan passed away. Sometimes it seems so much longer than that, and other days, it seems like it happened yesterday. So much of our lives has changed since then, and I always think if Keegan were here now our lives would be totally different. Keegan would love our house in Ohio, but if he were alive, we wouldn't even be living in Ohio. And when Courtney and I were down in Texas, I kept thinking how much he would have loved going to Seaworld, but chances are, we would have never gone to Texas if he was alive. All of this makes me realize, that life does go on, and it's okay. I really don't think Keegan would want us to stop living life, just because he is not physically here to share it with us. I know he is always with me. The most important thing to me is that I know he is so happy now being with Jesus. And knowing that, makes everything a little easier.
The other night, as I was laying in bed waiting for sleep to come, I started thinking about Keegan, and what it must have been like to go to heaven. Now, I am in no way a poet, but this is what jumped in my head while thinking.
What Jesus Would Have Said to Keegan:
The time has come for you to come home
Don’t worry, I won’t leave you all alone
Your life brought glory to My name
And lives are forever changed
Your mommy will miss you
And your daddy will too
But do not be afraid
They know in My arms is where you’ll stay
And don’t worry about the tears they cry
For a day will come when those I will dry
Just take My hand and hold on tight
You’ve done so well and fought a good fight
The pain is over, the struggle is through
And I am keeping My promise I made to you
Thank you for being a child of God
And for showing the love I am made of
Now’s your time to be with Me
Time to come home, just where you should be
The other night, as I was laying in bed waiting for sleep to come, I started thinking about Keegan, and what it must have been like to go to heaven. Now, I am in no way a poet, but this is what jumped in my head while thinking.
What Jesus Would Have Said to Keegan:
The time has come for you to come home
Don’t worry, I won’t leave you all alone
Your life brought glory to My name
And lives are forever changed
Your mommy will miss you
And your daddy will too
But do not be afraid
They know in My arms is where you’ll stay
And don’t worry about the tears they cry
For a day will come when those I will dry
Just take My hand and hold on tight
You’ve done so well and fought a good fight
The pain is over, the struggle is through
And I am keeping My promise I made to you
Thank you for being a child of God
And for showing the love I am made of
Now’s your time to be with Me
Time to come home, just where you should be


5 Comments:
Thank you for sharing those words from your heart Amy. I think of you guys often...
By
Anonymous, At
12:26 PM
Beautiful, thanks for sharing
By
Chastains, At
9:35 AM
You are amazing. Your thoughts and words are encouraging. I am blessed to be able to read about you and your family. Thanks.
By
Anonymous, At
10:55 AM
Amy, Nathan & Courtney,
Thank you sharing. Your mom and I keep you all close in our thoughts and prayers. Your heart felt words are an inspiration to us and so many.
We Love You
Dad & Mom
By
Anonymous, At
3:28 PM
Its so hard to believe its almost been 6 months. I think of Keegan often and miss him. I think of you, Nathan and Courtney and how strong you all are. Thank you for sharing those beautiful words with us, you are truly an inspiration.
We love and miss you
Sandy, Stan and Zoe
By
Anonymous, At
6:20 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home