Lembke News

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Recently

I have been lacking motivation to actually get on here and update my blog. But I set time aside today to do just that. So here I am. Hello blog readers!

I recovered from my surgery without any more surprises. Life should have gotten back to normal, but a couple of days after I came home from the hospital, Courtney got sick. She had a really bad cough and cold. We took her to the ER on Tuesday, February 17, because she had a really high fever and wouldn't stop coughing. After being checked over by the doctor and having a chest x-ray, the doctor said she just had a bad cough and cold, and sent Courtney home on Motrin.

By Thursday, Courtney wasn't any better, and was miserable. I took her to the Pediatrician on Friday morning to be checked out again. The Pediatrician looked over Courtney's chest x-ray she had done at the ER and listened to her lungs and told us Courtney had walking pneumonia. He also told us the ER doctor should have noticed Courtney had walking pneumonia from the x-ray. Courtney was sent home on medicine, and started feeling better the next day.

Last week we saw a Mini Husky in the mall, and we really wanted it. However, we did not want to pay the ridiculous price for a puppy. We looked online for a breeder, only to find out that Alaska Klee Kai's (official breed name), is a very rare breed, and therefore the puppies are hard to come by, and even more expensive. I then decided to look on Craig's list for a puppy. We found a boxer-lab mix that was very cute. We picked her up, and brought her home only to realize we didn't want another big dog. What we really wanted was an Alaskan Klee Kai. After spending about a week with her, we decided to give her away to another family. So for a short week, we had a cute puppy to play with, but in the end, we made the best decision for our family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home