Lembke News

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dedication






Today we went down to Children's Hospital Boston, because people from Nathan's old job, got together and raised money to buy an air hockey table to donate to the cardiac floor in Keegan's name. It was very special. There are play rooms located on each of the inpatient floors. And when Keegan was in the hospital, he was able to go play in the room where the air hockey table is now. We are so thankful to everyone who donated. This gift will help children smile, and get their minds off of the pain and frustration that comes with medical issues. I will always treasure this memory. Again, thank you to everyone who helped make this happen, and for the men and women who came out to Children's to put the table together. We are so blessed.

I thought I would have a difficult time going back to the hospital where so much of Keegan's "drama" happened. I kept my mind on the air hockey table, and not so much on my surroundings. We did not go into the CICU, which was good, because I know I wouldn't have handled that well. There are many conflicting emotions while at a children's hospital. You know that there are very sick children there, and your heart breaks for them. But you also know that the people working there, are trying their best to help these children, and that is a wonderful feeling.

6 Comments:

  • That's so nice!

    By Blogger Kimberly Pye, At 2:10 PM  

  • Awe Amy I think that is a great way to remember Keegan. So thoughtful of those who helped.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:32 AM  

  • no words.... That is so special. Keegan is missed and yet his life continues to touch others.
    mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:25 AM  

  • That is such a wonderful gesture!!!! So sweet.

    Mayleen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:44 PM  

  • Very nice! The kids'll love it.

    By Blogger Skerrib, At 7:31 AM  

  • I think it was wonderful of the squadron to do that. Now the parents and kids will have something else to do to take their minds of their problems for a little while, while remembering Keegan. I think it must have been very hard for both of you to return to the hospital after so much happened there.

    Sandy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home