Big Update
Here is the beginning of what I'm sure will be a long blog. Let's start with moving from Massachusetts. Nothing exciting about that, except our cat went into heat on Wednesday night. If you have ever been around at cat in heat, you know how loud and affectionate they are. With an empty house, it sounded like she had a microphone to meow into. She rode in the van with Courtney and I to PA, (did I mention, that it is a 10 hour drive?), and we got to hear her "sing" all the way there. Thankfully, Nathan's Grandmother used to babysit for vet, and his family has remained good friends with the vet. We were able to get Nina an appointment to be fixed, on Monday the 20th. On Saturday, the 18th, we were able to hang out with Nathan's Aunts and Uncles, who drove in from Pittsburgh, (about an hour and a half drive from Nathan's parents.)
On Monday, we took Nina to the vet. Then we went to pick out a headstone for Keegan. I had decided I wanted his portrait etched into his headstone. We were able to find a stone we liked and they are able to etch his portrait onto it. It will take about 12-14 weeks to complete. And then, it will depend on the weather and snow, as to when they can place the stone at Keegan's grave site. So, it might not be until spring time before it will be placed. I will post pictures as soon as it is placed.
When we went to pick up Nina later on Monday, she was very unhappy. And when I say unhappy, I really mean, she was so upset, she wouldn't let anyone even look at her without growling and/or hissing. The vet suggested we leave her in her cage for the night, because she was so upset. The next morning, she was in a slightly better mood. But now, she doing much better. And she's back to her normal self. Now we just need to take the stitches out on Monday. That should be fun.
Most of the rest of the week was relaxing. We played a lot of Wii Mario Party. Which was very entertaining.
In Pittsburgh, they do trick or treating the Saturday before Halloween, from 2-4pm. It is safer for the kids and more people are usually home on the weekends. We decided to go into Pittsburgh to trick or treat, and then go to Dave and Busters. Courtney was excited about trick or treating. She loved looking at all the different costumes. She was in awe of all the colors and all the people everywhere. We let Courtney pick out a costume, and she picked out a Snow White dress. I was excited because, she was going to be a cute princess. Then she saw the masks hanging on the wall, and decided she wanted one of those too. She picked out a scary pumpkin mask. Although, when she put it on, she was a cute little scary pumpkin.
For those of you who don't know what Dave and Busters is, it's like a chuck e cheeses for adults, but with much better food, games and prizes. (That also means it cost more.) The food was great. If you ever go, make sure you get the loaded mashed potatoes. They are the best I've ever had. The games were fun. Courtney had fun winning tickets. We won a lot of tickets, and were able to get Courtney a teddy bear, which she picked out and loves.
We drove to Ohio on the 28th. What a drive that was. I think we got on 4 or 5 different interstates. If driving to a new place, and making sure you don't miss your exits wasn't enough, lets add some rain, sleet, ice and snow. First it was raining, then we hit the sleet, and before I knew it, it was snowing. Even stranger was, just as soon as it happened, it was over, and the sun was shining when we got to Wright-Patt. That is the strangest weather, I have ever driven in.
Ohio is cold, just like MA. But Ohio is much flatter than MA. I like it. Not sure why. I think, because it reminds me of the south and that's where the warmer weather is. The area surrounding the base is great. It is very military friendly, and there are so many stores here, I'm not sure what to do with myself. We bought new couches on Tuesday. And they will be delivered on Saturday. I can't wait.
Now to talk about my new wonderful house. I love it! It is not one of the new houses they just built, but they did a bunch of updates. We have new carpet, vinyl, paint and appliances. Not only that, but it is so much bigger than our last house. We actually have space to put stuff, and not feel like we are squished. We are also excited to have our own master bathroom. Another exciting and a little strange thing is, our downstairs bathroom is not in the kitchen! That always bothered me in MA. I am happy to say my kitchen is bathroom free. Courtney loves her new room. It's weird, it actually feels more like a home now, then our old house ever did. I will be posting pictures as soon as we unpack everything. Right now we are wandering around in a maze of boxes.
Next on my list, is to get Courtney enrolled into school. I'm off to go unpack.
On Monday, we took Nina to the vet. Then we went to pick out a headstone for Keegan. I had decided I wanted his portrait etched into his headstone. We were able to find a stone we liked and they are able to etch his portrait onto it. It will take about 12-14 weeks to complete. And then, it will depend on the weather and snow, as to when they can place the stone at Keegan's grave site. So, it might not be until spring time before it will be placed. I will post pictures as soon as it is placed.
When we went to pick up Nina later on Monday, she was very unhappy. And when I say unhappy, I really mean, she was so upset, she wouldn't let anyone even look at her without growling and/or hissing. The vet suggested we leave her in her cage for the night, because she was so upset. The next morning, she was in a slightly better mood. But now, she doing much better. And she's back to her normal self. Now we just need to take the stitches out on Monday. That should be fun.
Most of the rest of the week was relaxing. We played a lot of Wii Mario Party. Which was very entertaining.
In Pittsburgh, they do trick or treating the Saturday before Halloween, from 2-4pm. It is safer for the kids and more people are usually home on the weekends. We decided to go into Pittsburgh to trick or treat, and then go to Dave and Busters. Courtney was excited about trick or treating. She loved looking at all the different costumes. She was in awe of all the colors and all the people everywhere. We let Courtney pick out a costume, and she picked out a Snow White dress. I was excited because, she was going to be a cute princess. Then she saw the masks hanging on the wall, and decided she wanted one of those too. She picked out a scary pumpkin mask. Although, when she put it on, she was a cute little scary pumpkin.
For those of you who don't know what Dave and Busters is, it's like a chuck e cheeses for adults, but with much better food, games and prizes. (That also means it cost more.) The food was great. If you ever go, make sure you get the loaded mashed potatoes. They are the best I've ever had. The games were fun. Courtney had fun winning tickets. We won a lot of tickets, and were able to get Courtney a teddy bear, which she picked out and loves.
We drove to Ohio on the 28th. What a drive that was. I think we got on 4 or 5 different interstates. If driving to a new place, and making sure you don't miss your exits wasn't enough, lets add some rain, sleet, ice and snow. First it was raining, then we hit the sleet, and before I knew it, it was snowing. Even stranger was, just as soon as it happened, it was over, and the sun was shining when we got to Wright-Patt. That is the strangest weather, I have ever driven in.
Ohio is cold, just like MA. But Ohio is much flatter than MA. I like it. Not sure why. I think, because it reminds me of the south and that's where the warmer weather is. The area surrounding the base is great. It is very military friendly, and there are so many stores here, I'm not sure what to do with myself. We bought new couches on Tuesday. And they will be delivered on Saturday. I can't wait.
Now to talk about my new wonderful house. I love it! It is not one of the new houses they just built, but they did a bunch of updates. We have new carpet, vinyl, paint and appliances. Not only that, but it is so much bigger than our last house. We actually have space to put stuff, and not feel like we are squished. We are also excited to have our own master bathroom. Another exciting and a little strange thing is, our downstairs bathroom is not in the kitchen! That always bothered me in MA. I am happy to say my kitchen is bathroom free. Courtney loves her new room. It's weird, it actually feels more like a home now, then our old house ever did. I will be posting pictures as soon as we unpack everything. Right now we are wandering around in a maze of boxes.
Next on my list, is to get Courtney enrolled into school. I'm off to go unpack.


1 Comments:
Amy,
I love that about Courtney always herself and so entertaining! Everything sounds great! Can't wait to see more pics!
Love, Mom
By
Anonymous, At
11:18 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home