Lembke News

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Only 10 days!

It hit me today, that I have less than 2 weeks left in Mass. At first I was very excited. But as I really thought about it, I realized, I am not as ready to be packed out of the house as I thought. When we first got orders to move, I went crazy and started to organize stuff. Then the newness and excitement wore off, so I only did little things to get ready to move. But now, I am in super packing mode. The movers come on the 15. So I have less than 8 days to sort through things. I'm also realizing that we are going to need bring stuff with us, so we have something to cook with, eat on, and sleep on, before our stuff gets to the house. (I just said "stuff" a lot.)

Things are going good. My basement is organized and ready. My bedroom is just about finished. Courtney's room is next. Then there's the kitchen, both bathrooms and the living/dinning area. With all this cleaning comes tons of trash. Thankfully, we have no limit for how much trash we can put out. Trash only gets picked up once a week here. (Apparently, from everyone I've talked to who lives on this base, this is unusual.) So this week, we will have a huge trash pile.

I think I may have found Courtney a new school in OH. It is a step down, because it is Monday-Thursday, for 2 hours a day. Right now, she is going 5 days a week for 4 hours a day. Most preschools don't have speech therapy or OT. Courtney is currently getting support in both areas. The new school will support her needs, and continue with her IEP, (individual education program.)

I'm off to organize something.

2 Comments:

  • We've been praying for y'all all this time -- and it will continue.

    Happy cleaning! It never ends!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:34 PM  

  • So exciting!

    We're down to 6 weeks from yesterday!

    By Blogger Kimberly Pye, At 10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home