Lembke News

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Pumpkin painting





This week, we went to my friend Sam's house, to paint pumpkins with her kids. Vanessa is the same age as Courtney, and Joshua is 9 months. The girls had lots of fun. Vanessa was super neat and clean, and hardly got any paint on her. Courtney on the other hand, was super messy. She had paint everywhere. As you can see from her picture, she is using her hands, while Nessa is using a paint brush. Joshua took after Courtney, and made a big mess himself. He actually enjoyed eating the paint, more than painting with it. There was paint everywhere. The chairs, the wall and I'm sure Sam is still finding little spots of paint here and there. Thank goodness it's washable.

Other than pumpkin painting, things have been pretty uneventful this week. Just hanging out. We are getting out of the house a lot. We have two friends on base, who enjoy having Courtney and I come over during the day. One of which is my good friend Sam. She is the best. We became good friends shortly after Keegan was born. And she has always been there for me. I am very sad to leave her. But she won't be here alone for to long, because she is moving in December. I wouldn't have made it through these past two years without you Sam.

I am down to my last 18 days in Mass! And only 16 days until the movers come. I am trying to decide what to do for Halloween. I know Courtney would love to dress up and go out. Every time I look at costumes, it always makes me sad. And it's not like I can just go to the little girl's section and not see the little boy's. Most places, all the costumes are just mixed together. I wonder what I would have picked out for Keegan. Or maybe I could have given him a choice and let him pick it out...

I think I will take Courtney out for Halloween. Otherwise, I might end up sitting at home very sad. At least while trick or treating, I will have my mind on something. I think it would be cute if Courtney was a bee. But her being 3 and all, I think she will have a big say in what she wears.

Speaking of buying stuff. Courtney's school had an open house this week to tell us what the children do during the day. One project had the children tell the teacher what their favorite thing to do, their favorite color and something they could do all by themselves. The teacher wrote it down, and displayed each one on the wall. The parents were suposed to guess which one was from their child. Courtney told her teacher, her favorite thing to do was, "go shopping with Mommy and Daddy." Oh no, she already likes shopping and she's 3. I can't imgine what it's going to be like when she's older. She said her favorite color was blue and she can run and play all by herself.


Pictures:
Sam and Courtney
Courtney
Vanessa
Joshua

2 Comments:

  • I'm having a bunch of kids over
    on the 26th for what we call pumpkin day, you just reminded me off how much fun it truly is.
    Godbless.
    Love
    Sherry

    By Blogger shey, At 5:47 AM  

  • I love the pictures of the pumpkins. You are more brave than I am. I wanted to do something like this with my four.mmmmmmm... Maybe I will. Have a blessed day.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home